Materials & Logistics Supervisor | Operations Infrastructure | Port Hedland
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Logistics/Transport - Logistica/Transporte, Maintenance/Mantenimiento
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Superintendent Track Machine Maintenance, you will be responsible for leading a team to achieve the Track Machine maintenance workshop targets. As a leader, you will work as part of the maintenance team to ensure that the workshop continuously achieves high levels of availability and reliability in the most efficient, cost effective and safe manner.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations Conduct Field Leadership Activities, including Planned Task Observations, Critical Control Observations and Take Time Talks
- Complete improvement projects that enable a more effective material supply function to LTM.
- Continue to standardise Supply processes for LTM workshops.
- Liaising with Maintenance Planners/Schedulers and Inventory Planner to meet planning requirements.
- Coordinate the ordering process and expedition of parts to meet planned, scheduled and any immediate requirements from Vendors, Purchasing/Warehouse.
- Support the cataloguing process by ensuring all details are correct in SAP.
- Liaise with Inventory Analyst to ensure correct stocking strategy applied to LTM.
- Manage allocated Stores/ Lay Down areas and maintained float levels along with high housekeeping standards.
- Ensures MLO’s complete regular stocktaking through the application of the cyclic stocktaking process.
- Ensures repairable and routable materials are properly identified, decontaminated, tagged and properly arranged for transport & dispatch.
- Set a leading example of step up behaviour, by developing staff, managing risk, problem solving and achieving results
- Build the team by using people’s strengths and experience, sharing information and encouraging different points of view.
- Develop an environment to constantly improve workshop process and practices by fostering a manufacturing mindset.
- Ensures consolidation of service components into work order packs.
- Focus on safely reducing costs, while ensuring fleet supply reliability is maintained.
- Proactively manage and follow-up on warranty claims
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
A demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety and the environment is essential
- Previous experience with 1SAP preferred
- Trade qualification desirable
- Strong Leadership skills
- Supervisory experience in supply or workshop environment
- Proficient, working knowledge of the PR/PO, RTW and Warranty Processes
- Understanding of the chain of responsibility
- Proficient understanding of railway operations (operations and maintenance)
- Previous experience in continuous improvement desirable
- Minimum of C class manual drivers license
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40326823
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend